Thursday, May 31, 2007

Special Because Why?

There is so much in the book of Daniel that is just screaming to be learned. The messages of the Old Testament are just as relevant today as they were when they were happening. The next lesson comes from the third chapter. The king has received his dream and the interpretation of it from God through Daniel. He has been told that his kingdom is the greatest then and among all the kingdoms to follow his in time. He is more impressed with Daniel and his ability to hear God than he was with the message. He did not reverence God and follow Him as most would. Instead He focused on the dream. It was almost as if he believed that he was something special to God because He singled him out to help fulfill His purpose. I have been guilty of this. I began to minister in the church when I was 12 years old. I was spouting off prophecy and words of wisdom that I knew nothing about. I was such an anomaly that the preachers and pastors would treat me differently. I definitely felt like I was something special because not everyone was doing what I was doing. Just like Nebuchadnezzar I was a tool that was being used—no better than the next tool, just suited for the job. I am extremely careful now to understand that without Christ I am nothing; able to do nothing of my own accord in His kingdom. As a church, as a people we need to quit looking for the title with the status and just start doing the job.

God I thank You for the work You have called me to do. I know Lord that with Your anointing and blessing I could do nothing on my own, I worship You with my Life. Amen

No comments: