Monday, May 07, 2007

Faithfulness and Questions Answered

Reading the book Philemon this time with some understanding and with a deeper, more committed walk with Christ really opened it up to me. When you read God’s word with the intention of learning something or seeing what the Spirit has to say to you that day, as opposed to just reading for the sake of reading, you are bound to meet God in your study time and have Him reveal the lessons you need. That is exactly what happened to me. I went into this study wondering if it was truly possible to be like Jesus and to walk this earth with God like qualities. In this book I see that the answer to both of those questions is yes. Paul was just a man like any man today. He was someone that was converted to Christianity after being one of its biggest detractors; yet he came to be one of its leading founding fathers. In the book of Philemon we see that the God in him became the God-like qualities through him. In the book there is the sinner, the savior and different facets of the grace of God. There is reconciliation and redemption. Though they all have spiritual connotations and bases, they were all brought about through the physical actions of and obedience to God by a man.

Father I thank You for showing me the principles in Your word. I pray that my life demonstrates Your principles more and more with each coming day. I praise You for Your faithfulness. Amen.

No comments: