Monday, May 14, 2007

Message to Me...

There are times when I feel my faith being challenged. I find myself questioning what I actually believe. I find myself speaking what I claim to believe all the time. Sometimes I have been forced to actually reconcile my words with my actions. You have heard people tell the same fictional story so many times that they actually forget the fact that it is not true. I speak of the wonderful things of God and of all His miraculous abilities, yet when it comes down to it, do I still believe in what I say? I pray for people to be healed, yet deep down do I believe that they will be? Am I a worthy enough vessel for God to work through? Is there someone else that could have a better result, because of their character or their faith? If it were someone else who had been captured from the king of Judah’s court and not Daniel and his friends would there have been a different outcome in the story in chapter 2?

I know I believe in healing, I have seen my mother healed several times, and recover when she should have died. I have seen ways made in people’s lives where there should have been no way to be found. I do believe in His miracles and furthermore I believe we are called to do even greater miracles than He did while He walked the earth—I count on that! I believe that God uses every situation that we walk through for our benefit or for someone else’s like he did in both Philemon and Daniel. I believe in the faithfulness of a God that says He will be faithful to complete the work he began in me. While I am no where close to being the man I was when I started my discipleship walk, I am no where near the man I will be when I go see my God or when He comes to get me. I am ok with that.

A work in progress,
Mike

No comments: