Saturday, April 14, 2007

My New Friend Phil


I just completed a study in the book of Philemon. Wow! Who knew?! This is a tremendous book of wisdom and teaching. It is only 1 chapter long and only 25 verses. Again, who knew?! Think of discipleship teaching books. When I think of these books right away the gospels come to the front of my mind because they detail Jesus’ teachings. Others that quickly come to mind are the Acts, Ephesians, the Corinthians; but not Philemon. I think the size of the book is something that lends to it being overlooked quite a bit. I have read through it before but have never really studied on it and meditated on the words and the lessons it contains. Wow! What a disservice I had done to myself. This was an amazing study. I did the study through Setting Captives Free ministry site http://www.settingcaptivesfree. The ministry is one that helps people break the bondages from addictions and unhealthy lifestyles but they also offer bible studies in their follow-up courses resources page that aren’t necessarily tied to their freedom ministries. It was such an amazing study that I am going to go through the 13 days again to see what else I can glean from this amazing book of the Bible. I will post my thoughts on each day and portion of the study here much like I did with the beatitudes. I encourage any one who reads this to visit the site and do the study (or another one!) they are really good. Here’s to continued discipleship!

No comments: