Monday, April 16, 2007

Believing 2 Ways

Starting my day today, I heard something awesome on the radio. The radio host said, "Here's something to think about, man says "show me and I will believe." God says, "Believe and I will show you." "

That is an amazing thought to me. We often look to God to give us signs to make sure we are doing the right things in our lives. We want to make sure that we really heard Him say the things He told us to do. We know what we are capable of and it's not always what He is asking us to do. He is asking us to some things that require us stepping out of our comfort zones and into our uncharted territory. We are asking Him to confirm what He has already asked us to do. When He is asking us simply to have faith in Him and His purpose for our lives.

That is what discipleship is all about. Stepping out of the boat and onto the water because He has told us to. Going where we never thought we would go and doing the things we never thought we could do, because He has told us to. Believe in Him and His purpose and His calling on your life and He will show you just how strong He can be in your weakness and vulnerability.

No comments: