Thursday, October 18, 2007

How To Start a Conversation

I am reading through some of Paul's letters in the bible lately. It just finally hit me today as I began reading Colossians that he starts every letter by saying who he is in Christ and by saying that he is thankful for the people he is writing to. He also says that he is praying for them and for the work they have been called to do. I think that is awesome. I am not one that needs constant affirmation, but wouldn't it be great to know that someone is thankful for you and constantly prays for you and the work that you have been called to complete. I have learned from being a manager responsible for hundreds of people that encouragement is one of the best tools someone can use to get something accomplished. In a way Paul was like a manager to some of these brand new churches. He was reaffirming the good that they had accomplished and that they were continuing to do. He also let them know he was constantly supporting them with prayer. Amazing! Some of the best business principles and interpersonal relations techniques can be seen in the bible.

Just a random thought.
Mike

No comments: